The Volunteer Work Exchange (VWE) Program at Rancho Margot is available to responsible individuals who are committed to becoming a part of our sustainable eco-friendly project while also agreeing to ensure professional customer service and a positive environment for the hotel guests of Rancho Margot.
Volunteers offer their services in exchange for room & board and the lifestyle of the Ranch. We do our utmost to provide a wonderful experience for all volunteers and we hope to receive the utmost in respectful participation in turn for the entire duration of your stay.
Due to the increasing interest to be a part of our Volunteer Work Exchange Program, we are requiring candidates to be at least 23 years old with a Bachelor degree or the equivalent in working experience.
Duration of the Volunteer Work Exchange Program
Rancho Margot only hosts volunteers who can commit themselves for 4 weeks in order to fulfill the objectives of the program. Upon completion of the first month, if expectations are met and exceeded we will gladly consider extending the duration of the work exchange.
Volunteer Work Exchange Areas
We take volunteers who are certified and have experience in the areas below:
- Yoga teachers
- Cattle farming & organic agriculture (must be capable of strenuous work)
- Social media and marketing assistance (must have own laptop & skill-set)
- Reception (must be fluent in English & Spanish)
- Restaurant & dishwashers
- Construction & carpentry
It’s important that our volunteers are willing to share their farming experience through our educational programs offered to groups of students who visit the Ranch.
An ideal candidate demonstrates
- An excellent work ethic
- A mature and responsible lifestyle
- A healthy dose of common sense
- Proactivity and initiative
- Creative problem solving
- The ability to work well without supervision, applying themselves as they notice the needs that inevitably arise daily
Expected values from candidates
- Punctuality and responsibility
- Respect to others
- Team work
- Initiative and creativity
- Interest in culture and language
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Rancho Margot, please review the following guidelines!
Please be advised that we are actively working toward becoming a smoke-free facility and we reserve the right to ask volunteers to leave if abuse of smoking becomes a problem for guests, volunteers, employees or management.